


One of my true loves is art. I grew up with it, studied it in high school and in college, and pursued it as a career after graduation. It's my own self-therapy. There are people who can express their emotions and thoughts through words and writing. For me, it's a lot easier to and much more interesting to use art to communicate my feelings and ideas.
The piece above "was" a work in a progress. I say "was," because I haven't worked on it since 2005. Starting a business is tough work, and tends to consume 95% of my time. It's hard to set a side time to work on art when you have tons of things that need to be finished asap.
Since the piece is still a "work in progress" it has no name. It is comprised of over a hundred thimbles (originally). Each thimble, measuring less than 3/4" in diameter, is mounted on a clear plexi-glass. At the top of each one, a photo (transferred onto fabric) is carefully inserted. The photos are taken from my family's photo album, which I scanned, edited, and carefully mounted within each thimble.
My goal with this piece was to eventually have thousands of thimbles made and mounted in an open space room. However, I never had the opportunity nor time. I hope though to return to it soon, and eventually finish it.