choreographed by Mia Michaels.
choreographed by Mia Michaels.
choreographed by Sonya Tayeh.
choreographed by Sonya Tayeh.
I love all types of art. In specific, I love the art of dance and am so amazed at how dancers are able to move their body rhythmically and with so much control and refinement to music … and on top of that, be able to communicate to the viewer non-verbally and evoke such strong emotions. Can I dance? Unfortunately, I was born with two left feet so to speak … and so my chances to be a relatively "ok" dancer are … well, zero. I do love to dance though. However, I only dance in the comfort of my own home … Mia (my dog) is usually there staring at me with amusement.
Two choreographers who I am obsessed with at the moment are Mia Michaels and Sonya Tayeh. They have choreographed several performances for So You Think You Can Dance, an American dance reality television show and competition. Michaels, who has won an Emmy for her choreography, is such an inspiration and her contemporary work is absolutely breathtaking. Tayeh’s "combat jazz" routines are edgy and youthful ... gotta love a girl who can sport a mohawk. Overall, I always look forward to seeing their choreography every week on SYTYCD.
Here are four of my favorite pieces from this season and past of So You Think You Can Dance.