Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Wellness is a health issue

Now that your New Year’s resolutions list has gone missing, it is time to really think about how you want to present yourself this year. Same old? Or a little refreshed? It is never to late to update yourself.

Be good to yourself. Make the time to be presentable to your peers. It can go a long way towards improving your self-esteem. It does not have to take hours nor do you have to spend lots of money. Wearing clean, properly fitting and as fashionable as you like clothing, automatically makes you attractive to people and in turn makes you feel good about yourself. It is that simple.

I used to wake up in the morning and think what am I going to wear today? Is anything even washed? By the time I got the kids ready to go out the door, I pretty much still had my pyjamas on, or something that looked like it. Having worked in the fashion industry my whole professional life, I became embarrassed at how I was now representing myself. It was time to think about myself as well.

Think about it. What is your style? Are you yoga laid back? Are you city chic? Are you a part time professional? Or are you plain Jane, just wanting to wear new clothes. Or, perhaps just like all of us, our bodies have changed and our old clothes don’t fit anymore. No shame in that. Bodies change, dispositions change and so does our lifestyle. Being a mother involves change and adaptation.